- To prevent dampness, put your boxes on pallets, which are provided for free at the location.
- For things that you need to access more frequently, put them at the front or leave an aisle through the center of the unit.
- To prevent any lumpiness or your mattress becoming bent, stand your mattress straight up on its side have something leaning against it on both sides to prevent it from falling over.
- Put any electronics or valuables in the back of your unit
- Protect any fragile items by wrapping them in bubble wrap or cloth and labeling the box fragile on every side.
- Stand any mirrors and pictures in a box labeled fragile on every side.
- For maximum ventilation, don’t lean any furniture or mattresses along the walls of the unit.
- Avoid placing any heavy items on sofas or mattresses.
- Place heavier boxes on the bottom and stack similar sized boxes together.
- Use boxes that are able to hold about 35 to 40 pounds and have a secured bottom/sides to prevent your items from falling through the bottom.
Xpress Storage Inc. does not take any responsipility for any damage that occurs, even when one follows the tips above.